Health and safety
Important safety protocols are in place at all schools to limit the spread of COVID-19. Among them are:
- Maintain six feet of social distancing to the fullest extent; may not be possible in all instances.
- Build a shared culture of hygiene and hand washing.
- Separate students into cohorts, as possible, to reduce contact and possible COVID-19 exposure and to allow for contact tracing as necessary.
- Enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces and sanitizing of buildings and restrooms
- No visitors or volunteers will be allowed in schools.
- All field trips and/or other activities allowed outside school, including 5th grade Eco trips, will not be allowed for at least the first quarter (roughly 9 weeks after the start of school).
- PSD is actively collaborating with county health officials on plans for possible exposure, contact tracing and school closures and will share more prior to the start of school.
- Learn more on PSD’s Health and Safety web page.